10:30 AM in the Sanctuary
6:30 PM in the Fellowship Hall
Royal Rangers meets Wednesday nights @ 6:30 PM.
Girl’s Ministry meets Wednesday nights @ 6:30 PM.
Men’s group meets 1st Sundays @ 5:00 PM in the Fellowship Hall.
Women’s group meets 1st and 3rd Tuesdays @ 10:00 AM in room 109.
Women’s bible study meets 2nd and 4th Tuesdays @ 10:00 AM in room 109.
Watch and subscribe to our YouTube channel!
Rev. Lee Tate and family.
Pastor Lee Tate joined the staff at Pensacola First Assembly in 2021 and was elected Senior Pastor in January 2022.
Lee began preaching at the age of 18. He was credentialed with the Assemblies of God in 2008 and ordained in 2018. After being in pastoral ministry from 2008 to 2012, Lee spent the last nine years as an evangelist with the West Florida District of the Assemblies of God.
Lee firmly believes in the power that comes from preaching the Word of God and in the anointing of the Holy Spirit!
Lee and his wife, Crystal have been married since 2008 and they have one daughter, Aubrey.
Give a single gift, or schedule recurring giving using your checking, debit, or credit card.
Text GIVE and the AMOUNT to 84321. (ex. GIVE 200) Smart Giving uses industry-leading security to protect your personal information, and is never charged to your phone bill. Currently only available in the US. Existing users can edit their account or profile information by texting EDIT to 84321.
First Assembly of God grew out of humble beginnings. The first gatherings in 1917 were prayer meetings held in the home of L. E. and Violet Moore at 721 N. De Villiers Street. This group was first known as Holiness or Pentecostal people. A mere thirteen people gathered regularly and Rev. Andrew J. Martin was invited to preach on the weekends.
By 1918 a building was acquired at “F” and La Rua Streets and others were added to the church. As the group grew they moved to “12th” and Salamanca Streets and even met in an old street car barn at the corner of De Villiers and Gadsden Streets.
On December 18, 1921, Rev. Martin applied for affiliation with the fledgling Pentecostal Fellowship and on January 12, 1922, First Assembly of God was officially associated with the General Council of the Assemblies of God. In 1931 the church purchased property on the corner of Garden and M Streets and for the next 49 years experienced growth and development that required many renovations and additions to the original church structure.
Under the leadership of Rev. Edwin Barg the church purchased property for the current location at 12th Avenue and Bayou Boulevard. In June of 1980 the church dedicated the spectacular edifice that occupies that corner today.
Through many years of growth, great leadership, faithful members, and yes, even persecution, First Assembly of God still stands at the corner of 12th and Bayou Boulevard as an Oasis of Love for a hurting community